End Poverty organized a “Protsahan sah Abhinandan Samaaroh” in the Bahender block of Hardoi District for Dairy farmers and village level volunteers to commemorate the successful implementation of the “Dairy farmers’ Training Programme” which was being implemented in the region by End Poverty with the support of HCL Foundation.
If we don't get sustainability right in agriculture first, it won't happen anywhere.— Wes Jackson
Why focus on Sustainable Agriculture Development?
End Poverty’s programme on sustainable agriculture has been growing in scale and scope year on year. End Poverty nurtures and motivates farmers to adopt best practices in the following ways:
- Promotes adoption of sustainable farming techniques to optimise the resources and in turn conserving basic life support systems with focus on land and water conservation
- Promotes development of value chains across agricultural commodities with an aim to enhance farmers’ income
- Promotes less water consuming crops to remove the stress on the already limited water ground water resources
- Builds capacities of farmers to tackle the adverse effects of climate change by adoption of climate resilient farming techniques through series of trainings
- Provides for good quality inputs such as seeds and manure to increase productivity and hence the income of the farmers
- Provides soil health management services and facilitate soil health cards for the farmers
- Organises exposure visits to agricultural universities, Kisan Melas, ICAR’s Krishi Vigyan Kendra, etc. to build the farmers’ capacities on modern agricultural techniques
States with active Projects
On 22 August 2022, End Poverty (EP) and Haryana Institute of Public Administration (HIPA) signed...
End Poverty has been implementing Integrated Rural Development models aimed at overall infrastructural development of the village as well as income enhancement for the beneficiaries
End Poverty realizes the importance of Girls' Education and has designed a programme specifically catering to the out of school girls
End Poverty's dairy development plan aims to increase animal productivity by promoting modern methods of dairy farming and pertinent use of technological advancements.